Households served via Drive-Thru
- 24 on Tuesday, May 25
- 7 on Wednesday, May 26
- 25 on Thursday, May 27
Households served via Pop-Up Pantry
- 20 on Wednesday, May 26
We are working as a team to create a schedule for when there is a Monday holiday. We are hoping to create an alternative schedule that allows us to have the holiday off while still being prepared to serve clients on the following Tuesdays.
Our first trial run of this new plan will be for Memorial Day, May 31. We understand not everyone will be able to make the change, but we will try this out for Memorial Day and see how it goes. We will cancel all shifts Monday, May 31 and add the following:
- Friday, May 28, 11:30 am – 12:30pm Preshop Shift
- Tuesday, June 1, 7:45 am – 8:30 am Direct Retail Pickup from Giant Eagle
- Tuesday, June 1, 8:30-10:30am Stocking Shift
For our complete holiday closing schedule, please visit h2h.fcchurch.com/holidays2021
There will be no blog post next week, June 5.
Here are the opportunities to serve at Heart to Heart next week. Click the lightbulb to sign up.
Monday, May 31
Tuesday, June 1
8:30 – 10:30 Stocking Shift (4)
8:30 – 10:30 Drive Thru (5)
10:00 – 12:30 Drive Thru (3)
Wednesday, June 2
1:00 – 2:00 MOFB Shop Thru (1)
3:00 – 4:30 Set Up (5)
4:30-7:30 Drive Thru (6)
Thursday, June 3
8:30 – 10:30 Drive Thru (3)
10:00 – 12:30 Drive Thru (6)
Friday, June 4
10:00 – 11:30 Stocking (5)
- All volunteers should check in upon arrival in the kitchen of the main church building. Check-in will now be done on the iPad, rather than paper. This check-in process allows volunteers to review and agree to our Photo and Social Media Release, and for parents of minor volunteers to review and agree to our Minor Waiver. We can use the form to better access volunteer contact information in order to keep everyone up-to-date. Lastly, in the event of a positive COVID-19 case among volunteers and/or staff, this will allow for quicker and easier contact tracing.
- Due to numerous safety concerns, all doors will remain locked until the assigned work time. A staff member will unlock the doors needed for each particular shift. Please enter through the kitchen door from the alleyway.
- At the beginning of each new shift, Yohan will greet volunteers and give them each an assignment.
- If there is an active thunderstorm or Tornado Warning in our area, we cannot safely operate the drive-thru. Should we find it necessary to close, we will notify all scheduled volunteers as soon as possible. We will also make an announcement on social media, a notification on our website, and a recording on our voicemail.
Adults 18 and over may assist anywhere in the pantry. While we welcome all ages of volunteers, this may not be the right opportunity for younger children. With that in mind,
- Graduated 8th graders and older minors must first volunteer with a parent/guardian to assess their ability to volunteer independently. Should the staff affirm their ability to volunteer independently, they will be given a waiver form at the end of their first shift. For future shifts, these volunteers will need to bring a signed waiver form which includes emergency contact information for an adult immediately available.
- School-aged children K-8 grade may volunteer if accompanied by a parent/guardian.
- Volunteer opportunities for families will occasionally become available and will be posted on our Sign-Up Genius.
First Community Events
Summer Worship Schedule
9 am Online Service
Simple online-only service designed for online viewing featuring contemporary music and a message. It will be available on FCchurch.com and the First Community Facebook page.
9 am North Tent Service
Casual outdoor service with Janelle Rogers and her band leading the music. We have rented a tent for summer outdoor activities. It will be fun to provide this new style of service for the summer. If the weather is bad, we can easily move indoors. This service will not be live-streamed.
10 am South Sanctuary
A traditional service featuring musicians from the Cambridge Choir. It will be live-streamed on FCchurch.com and the FC Facebook page.
11 am North Sanctuary
A traditional service featuring musicians from the Chancel Choir. It will be live-streamed on FCchurch.com and the FC Facebook page.
And what does the Lord
require of you
But to do justice,
To love mercy,
And to walk humbly
with your God?
Micah 6:8 NKJ
Our mission at Heart to Heart is to respond to God’s commandment to love one another.
Our vision of Heart to Heart is to model God’s love by:
Cultivating a loving community
Honoring individual gifts
Feeding bodies and souls
…and seeing everyone as a child of God
In accordance with Federal law and U.S.D.A. policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, or disability.