If you have signed up for a shift and can no longer volunteer, please log in to your account and delete your sign-up. If there are 24 hours or less before your shift, please also call 614-488-0681 x203 to let us know.
- All volunteers should check-in upon arrival in the kitchen of the main church building. Check-in will now be done on the iPad, rather than paper. This check-in process allows volunteers to review and agree to our Photo and Social Media Release, and for parents of minor volunteers to review and agree to our Minor Waiver. We can use the form to better access volunteer contact information in order to keep everyone up-to-date. Lastly, in the event of a positive COVID-19 case among volunteers and/or staff, this will allow for quicker and easier contact tracing.
- Due to numerous safety concerns, all doors will remain locked until the assigned work time. A staff member will unlock the doors needed for each particular shift. Please enter through the kitchen door from the alleyway.
- At the beginning of each new shift, Yohan will greet volunteers and give them each an assignment.
- If there is an active thunderstorm or Tornado Warning in our area, we cannot safely operate the drive-thru. Should we find it necessary to close, we will notify all scheduled volunteers as soon as possible. We will also make an announcement on social media, a notification on our website, and a recording on our voicemail.
- Please wear closed-toe shoes (no flip-flops or sandals).
- Dress appropriately for the weather as volunteers will be outside.
- Please wear clothes that you don’t mind getting dirty.
Volunteer training is done mostly on-the-job at Heart to Heart. When you show up for your assigned shift, you will be guided through the process by a veteran volunteer or staff member.
As part of our agreement with Mid-Ohio Foodbank, we agree to maintain certain standards. One of these is Civil Rights training for all of our volunteers. Prior to your on-site training, please complete the following:
- Take the online civil rights training course here>>
- Verify you have completed the course using this form>>
Opportunities for further training will be available periodically, including
- Food Safety training (cost $15)
- PantryTrak virtual demo
Minors (age 17 and younger)
Adults 18 and over may assist anywhere in the pantry. While we welcome all ages of volunteers, this may not be the right opportunity for younger children. With that in mind,
- Graduated 8th graders and older minors must first volunteer with a parent/guardian to assess their ability to volunteer independently. Should the staff affirm their ability to volunteer independently, they will be given a waiver form at the end of their first shift. For future shifts, these volunteers will need to bring a signed waiver form which includes emergency contact information for an adult immediately available.
- School-aged children K-8 grade may volunteer if accompanied by a parent/guardian.
- Volunteer opportunities for families will occasionally become available and will be posted on our Sign-Up Genius.
If you require official confirmation of the dates and times you’ve volunteered for a service hours program, please let us know prior to volunteering.
We can provide a signed paper form once your hours are completed. Click for the blank Service Hours form.
Many organizations require online verification of service hours, and we are happy to comply. Please use the email address ykim@FCchurch.com when completing your online forms. Yohan Kim, Volunteer Coordinator, will complete these online.