If you follow us on social media or have been in to volunteer this past week, you know major changes have been made! Most notably, our rented outdoor tents were removed from the parking lot and we have taken over much of the space on the first floor of the main church building (1320 Cambridge). Here’s what this means for you:
- Those dropping off direct retail pickups (or any other material donations) should drive up the alleyway beside the church and enter through the back kitchen door. There is a weigh station there and blank pickup forms in the kitchen for your use.
- The “pantry” is now located in Brownlee Hall. The stocking shift volunteers will bring in and sort the foods by category onto the tables set up around the perimeter of the room.
- Pre-shoppers then take the grocery carts around the room and bag groceries for families. The bags are stored along the hallway between Brownlee Hall and the Crane Welcome Center.
- The nook outside the Burkhart center is functioning as our makeshift drug store, where we store our non-food items like diapers and toothpaste. During pantry service hours, clients can let the volunteers know what they need from this area and it can be quickly retrieved for them.
- The parking lot is closed off for general parking during our service hours, as the drive-thru now extends through the entire lot, to keep the waiting cars off the road. Please avoid the parking lot during the service times plus clean up: Tuesdays and Thursdays 8-1 pm and Wednesdays 3:30 – 8 pm.
- During preschool hours, volunteers are asked to please park away from the old receptionist area (wooden doors facing Cambridge Ave). to allow families to drop off their children at this entrance.
All volunteers should sign in at the Crane Welcome Center, following the same COVID-19 protocol we have been using. The doors will be open for use by H2H Volunteers:
- Mon 7:30 am to 1:30 pm
- Tue 7:30 am to 1:30 pm
- Wed 2:30 pm to 8:30 pm
- Thu 7:30 am to 1:30 pm
This move is a work-in-progress and likely, more changes will be made as we figure out how to best use the space. We will keep you updated here on the blog and via social media.
Mark your calendars for Tuesday, February 16 at 7 pm to join us live online for an All-Volunteer Meeting. A link to join the meeting will be provided via email prior to the start time.
Click to expand
Volunteer Training Opportunities Next Week!
And what does the Lord
require of you
But to do justice,
To love mercy,
And to walk humbly
with your God?
Micah 6:8 NKJ
Our mission at Heart to Heart is to respond to God’s commandment to love one another.
Our vision of Heart to Heart is to model God’s love by:
Cultivating a loving community
Honoring individual gifts
Feeding bodies and souls
…and seeing everyone as a child of God
In accordance with Federal law and U.S.D.A. policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, or disability.