Amid the ever-changing news regarding the COVID-19 outbreak, we have established a page on the website where you will find regular updates as they are announced. A link to this page will be on the left side of the menu permanently. When we have a new announcment it will appear highlighted in red to alert you to read more. We will continue to post these announcements on social media and via email, as well. Read the latest announcement from Director, Lamar Graham.
March 12, Thursday: 44
March 17, Tuesday: 92
March 19, Thursday: 63
In the month of February, we served
- 337 Households
- 201 Seniors
- 601 Adults
- 434 Children
- 1,236 Individuals
Click here for the full list of statistics from last month.
This week was a busy yet productive one as we rolled out our new “Drive-Thru” system. We served 155 households! Normally, we serve between 100-160 households in a week. Thank you for all of your hard work and contributions. Please enjoy photos from this past week and stay tuned for more information in preparation for this coming week.
Preparations of pre-packaged groceries.
New drive-thru service in action.
Mental Health Resources
While we don’t like to think about it, with increased stress comes things like increased depression, increased domestic violence, and increased suicide. Please make sure you have the following numbers available to give people if they need them or if you feel you might need them yourself. Know there is always help, there are people to listen, and you are worth any effort. You matter to God and you certainly matter to us.
- NetCare Crisis Hotline (Mental Health Emergencies) 614- 276-2273
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline- 1-800-273-TALK
- If you are quarantined with an abuser, or someone you know is isolated in a dangerous home situation, please reach out to the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-7233 or chat at thehotline.org.
How You Can Help
As we served this week we seen many people step up in a huge way! Many volunteers came to help us out on what was our first rodeo of our “Drive-Thru” system. We saw many people who were doing their morning run and/or walk stop to tell us thank you for continuing to serve our clients. Our clients were also super appreciative, telling us repeatedly, “Thank you for being here”.
As prepare for this coming week we at Heart to Heart would like to say to you, our wonderful volunteers and stakeholders: Thank you for being here. All of your support makes it possible for us to give our clients high-quality service.
We have received several inquiries about how folks can best help out during this uncertain time. These are some things you can do:
- Give of your time volunteer with us! Click the link below to sign up. If you aren’t able to volunteer physically maybe you can write encouraging cards. We have lots of students who helps us with this throughout the year. Often our youth will write and/or draw fun, simple, cool, and witty ways to encourage our clients.
- Give funds. Please see this link below to contribute directly to Heart to Heart. For every $1 we spend at MidOhio Foodbank we can get $10 worth of groceries for distribution to our clients.
- Take care of yourself. Remember, you can’t pour from an empty cup! Stay informed with accurate information on the Ohio Department of Health website here. If you have questions regarding Coronavirus/COVID-19 please call 1-833-4-ASK-ODH (1-833-427-5634)
- Lastly, pray. Pray for our world, country, community, and our families. If there was ever a time to pray, the time is now.
Thank you for your support as we get through this challenging time together.
For now, we plan to remain in our altered state of operation unless we are ordered to close our doors. In that event, we will inform the public via our website and social media platforms.
Kristin Unalan of Girl Scout Troop 1444 donated 107 boxes of cookies on Wednesday. This troop of third-graders are from Barrington Elementary in Upper Arlington.
And what does the Lord
require of you
But to do justly,
To love mercy,
And to walk humbly
with your God?
Micah 6:8 NKJ
Our mission at Heart to Heart is to respond to God’s commandment to love one another.
Our vision of Heart to Heart is to model God’s love by:
Cultivating a loving community
Honoring individual gifts
Feeding bodies and souls
…and seeing everyone as a child of God