Households served via Drive-Thru
- 76 on Tuesday, August 23
- 51 on Thursday, August 25
Households served via Pop-Up
- 21 on Wednesday, August 24
Heart to Heart will be closed on Monday, September 5 for Labor Day.
As students return to the classroom in the fall, we find ourselves in need of more volunteers. We especially need help during our drive-thru hours on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9am to noon.
Increasing demand makes it more difficult to keep certain items on our shelves. Please consider making a donation of these items to the food pantry: peanut butter and jelly, spaghetti noodles and sauce, pancake mix and syrup, cereal and shelf-stable milk. More info on how to make donations at h2h.fcchurch.com/donate
Volunteer Next Week
We still need help with some shifts next week. The number of volunteers needed is indicated in parenthesis after the shift time and description.
Monday, August 29
8:30 am – 9:30 pm Cold Stocking Shift (2)
9:00 am – 10:00 am Mid-Ohio Foodbank Shop Thru (1)
3:30 pm – 5:00 pm MOFB Truck Unload (2)
Tuesday, August 30
8:30 am – 10:30 am Drive-Thru (5)
10:00 am – 12:30 pm Drive-Thru (6)
Wednesday, August 31
1:00 pm – 2:00 pm Mid-Ohio Foodbank Shop Thru (1)
Thursday, September 1
8:30 am – 10:30 am Drive-Thru (4)
10:00 am – 12:30 pm Drive-Thru (5)
Friday, September 2
9:30 am – 10:30 am Cold Stocking (2)
10:00 am – 11:30 am Preshop (2)
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm Dry Stocking (5)
Food Safety Training
This training will be held via Zoom meeting. By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify food safety risks.
- Take appropriate action when someone has symptoms of foodborne illness or is diagnosed with a reportable disease.
- Follow good personal hygiene and hand care practices.
- Identify cross-contamination risks and methods for prevention.
- Implement effective cleaning and sanitizing procedures.
- Identify appropriate pest prevention measures and signs of pest infestations.
- Maintain facilities and equipment in compliance with regulations.
Register online at mofc.org/agency-360
Ohio Benefits Training
- Participants will discuss ways to connect clients to social Benefits such as SNAP/Medicaid/ and OWF.
- Participants will take away how to submit SNAP/ Medicaid/ OWF benefits using Ohio Benefits Self Service Portal.
- Best tips and tricks in navigating common barriers to assisting individuals.
Register online at: mofc.org/agency-360
And what does the Lord
require of you
But to do justice,
To love mercy,
And to walk humbly
with your God?
Micah 6:8 NKJ
Our mission at Heart to Heart is to respond to God’s commandment to love one another.
Our vision of Heart to Heart is to model God’s love by:
Cultivating a loving community
Honoring individual gifts
Feeding bodies and souls
…and seeing everyone as a child of God
In accordance with Federal law and U.S.D.A. policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, or disability.