JOB TITLE: Heart to Heart Volunteer Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Minister of Mission
EFFECTIVE DATE: 02/01/2021
FLSA STATUS: Part-time, regular
PAY RATE: $15 hourly
SCHEDULE: 25-30 hours weekly
Recruit, manage, train, and provide support to all volunteers for the Heart to Heart food pantry.
- Recruit new volunteers using all available methods of communication and familiarizing oneself with different church and community groups.
- Ensure adequate volunteer numbers for regular pantry shifts and special events.
- Train new volunteers on church policy, Heart to Heart procedures, daily tasks, and Civil Rights requirements.
- Maintain database of volunteer information and participation.
- Provide leadership and support to existing volunteers.
Communicate with prospective/new volunteers
- Contact new members who have expressed an interest in volunteering via Membership Director
- Answer inquiry emails, social media messages and calls forwarded via Missions Administrator
- Regularly speak to groups within and outside the church to highlight opportunities and encourage participation
- Regularly attend Heart to Heart events to build relationships with volunteers
Develop and administer new volunteer training
- Work with volunteer leaders and staff members to create a general volunteer training program
- Coordinate orientations with new volunteers to administer this training program and familiarize new volunteers with the responsibilities of their respective shifts.
Provide support to volunteer staff at the food pantry by
- Regularly visit the pantry during volunteer shifts, develop positive relationship and maintain regular contact with all types and groups of volunteers
- Maintain current lists of necessary tasks for all volunteer shifts, and update as needed
- Lead monthly meetings of volunteer leaders to provide updates from leadership and address current issues in the food pantry
- Summarize information in monthly meetings and provide to leadership, addressing problems as they arise when able, and bring issues to the attention of Heart to Heart Director as needed
Support other Heart to Heart staff members in work with volunteers
- Work together to solve issues and problems that arise with pantry volunteers
- Communicate with Mission Administrator to maintain current information such as email distribution lists and volunteer requirements
- Communicate with staff regarding details of volunteer group visits, presentations to community organizations and schools
Develop and manage database for volunteer records including, but not limited to:
- Contact information and emergency contact information for each volunteer
- Shifts worked and hours accumulated, including volunteerism at special events
- Confirmation of training including Civil Rights statement of understanding
- Background check information for volunteers per the requirements of First Community Church
Coordinate volunteers for regular shifts and special events
- Ensure all volunteer opportunities are filled, calling for backup when needed
- Maintain Sign-Up Genius for regular and special opportunities, adding walk-in information as able
- Pull monthly reports from SUG for statistics reporting and contact information maintenance
- Provide group training for annual events including Hunger Hoedown and Christmas Presence
Organize volunteer appreciation efforts
- Contact volunteers for monthly spotlight on social media, gathering photos and information from personal interviews
- Work with leadership to develop theme, agenda and programming for semi-annual volunteer appreciation and education events
- Coordinate group training for annual events including Hunger Hoedown and Christmas Presence.
- Send letters of gratitude to special groups that volunteer in the pantry or for an event
- Staff donation receiving hours/days for Heart to Heart, and cover for team members in their absence, as available.
- Attend meetings and activities as requested by First Community staff and Steering Committee Chair.
- Actively cooperates and communicates with other members of Steering Committee and First Community staff.
- Familiarity with First Community operations, procedures, and history, including those related to Heart to Heart.
- Previous experience working with volunteers in a coordinating or supervisory capacity, within the church or another organization.
- Completes online Food Handler Level 1 safety training provided by ServSafe and keeps current with certification.
- Completes online Civil Rights Training course provided by Mid-Ohio Food Collective and keeps current with certification.
- Receives in-person or online PantryTrak Training from a representative of Mid-Ohio Food Collective.
- Completes and keeps current Darkness to Light training course provided by First Community Youth Department.
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance and manner
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to contend with a wide variety of people on various issues
- Effective problem solving
- Ability to work in a busy office with constant interruptions
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Access
- Regularly spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers
- Regularly move from sitting to standing positions effortlessly
- Regularly work on repetitive tasks
- Regularly use hands and fingers to handle, control or feel objects
- Regularly hold the arm and hand in one position or hold the hand steady while moving the arm
- Regularly see details of objects that are less than a few feet away
- Regularly speak clearly so listeners can understand
- Regularly understand the speech of another person
- Frequently bend to file and maintain files
- Frequently lift and carry 20-50 pounds.
First Community Church is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.
|This position description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of accountabilities, duties, responsibilities of requirements. Any individual may be required to perform any other job-related activities or functions requested by his/her manager, subject to reasonable accommodation. [Insert Company Name] reserves the right to modify this job description to reflect changes in essential job duties made necessary by changing organizational needs, subject to reasonable accommodation.|