The Pop Up Pantry team delivered food directly to families at the following agency sites during the month of March:
- March 2: Commons at Livingston-35
- March 9: Hope Resource Center-28
- March 16: Southpoint Village Apartments-33
- March 23: Commons at Grant-28
- March 24: Riverview International Center-30
Monthly totals for 2022:
- January: 161
- February: 159
- March: 154
On March 2, the Pop Up Pantry team met with Heart to Heart leadership, a Trading Post volunteer, and a donor who provides generous donations of needed items for the drive thru, Pop Up Pantry and Trading Post each week. The process for requesting donations from this special donor was clarified during the meeting. Further, the process for providing produce to one of our Pop Up Pantry sites was discussed.
Team members continued to provide clothing items to Hope Resource Center (Hope) in March. We’re proud that Hope was featured in a recent Columbus Dispatch article. We pray this brings greater awareness of the the growing needs within our community for help to those with drug addiction, mental illness and homelessness.
We’re planning for return to our seasonal site, Franklinton Farms, later this spring. We’ve been serving this site on the second Thursday of each month and don’t anticipate any changes to this schedule. We’ll provide updates as we get closer to a restart date. As Franklinton Farms grows their own produce, the Pop Up Pantry provides only dry goods.
In April our Pop Up Pantry will be delivering food to our agency sites on the following dates:
- April 6: Commons at Livingston (1st Wednesday)
- April 13: Southpoint Village Apartments
- April 20: Hope Resource Center
- April 27: Commons at Grant (4th Wednesday)
- April 28: Riverview International Center (4th Thursday)
Our dedicated and faithful team of volunteers have embraced the mission of Heart to Heart, working together to serve families in the local community. We continue to be blessed by their commitment and teamwork to this outreach ministry.