Change in Process at Heart to Heart Food Pantry
Alternative Service Plan
The health and well-being of our clients, volunteers and staff are top priorities for us here at the Heart to Heart. To that end, Heart to Heart will move from its current shopping model to pre-packaged boxes until further notice.
The plan upon arrival at Heart to Heart:
- Clients will be asked to stay in their vehicles and a volunteer will help line up cars on the curb along First Avenue.
- A volunteer will register clients for the pantry while they remain in their cars.
- Clients will be directed where to drive up and receive pre-packaged boxes.*
- Clients will then exit by driving past the front of First Community South onto Cambridge Blvd.
*Please note the following:
1. Clients will be only be able to shop for themselves and one other family and/or friend per day
Those people should fall under the “High Risk” category:
- Persons over 65
- Persons with chronic medical conditions: Diabetes, Chronic lung disease, cancer, etc.
2. Case managers will only be able to shop for two families per day.
In the interest of keeping human contact to an absolute minimum, what the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) calls “social distancing,” we believe that this is the safest course of action to take moving forward, especially during these challenging times.
3. All of our clients/proxy shoppers can shop once every 30 days.
We so appreciate your understanding and cooperation as we all look out for one another during this public health threat and as this situation continues to unfold. Please check in on each other, take care of each other, and pray for each other.
If you are interested and able to volunteer during this time, please view the Sign Up Genius online here
. All volunteers will be asked to take their temperatures upon arrival to serve. If they have a fever above 100, they will be sent home.
At this point, our plan will be to continue to serve in this capacity until we are ordered to close.