The Pop Up Pantry team delivered food directly to families at the following agency sites during the month of April:
- April 6: Commons at Livingston-35
- April 13: Southpoint Village-34
- April 20: Hope Resource Center -35
- April 27: Commons at Grant-28
- April 28: Riverview International Center-30
Monthly totals for 2022:
- January 161
- February 159
- March 154
- April 162
Our Pop Up Panty continues to be blessed by the generosity of Richard Jacob, who purchases and donates a variety of items each week for Heart to Heart and the Trading Post. Families at our Pop Up Pantry agency sites have greatly appreciated the personal care items donated by Richard. We are grateful for Richard and his service to our many families.
We are happy to have Melody Smiley back at the pantry this month. Boyce Lancaster is recovering from recent surgery and we look forward to his return in the near future. Kitty Rohrer is taking time away during April and May due to a work commitment.
Our Pop Up Pantry founding team members spoke about “Our Journey” at Guild RSZ’s meeting on April 11. The presentation was very well received and we hope to share this ministry through speaking with other church and community groups.
In May, our Pop Up Pantry will be delivering food to our agency sites on the following dates:
- May 4: 11a-2p, Commons at Livingston (1st Wednesday)
- May 11: 10a-2p, Hope Resource Center (2nd Wednesday)
- May 12: 12:30p-3:30p, Franklinton Farms (2nd Thursday)-Tentative
- May 18: 11a-2p, Southpoint Village (3rd Wednesday)
- May 25: 11a-2p, Commons at Grant (4th Wednesday)
- May 26: 12:30p-3:30p, Riverview International Center (4th Thursday)
Every year our Pop Up Pantry team will be rotating one of its Volunteer Co-Lead roles. This will enable us to enhance teamwork and continuity of services among our volunteers. As such, Rose Kandel will be replacing Janice Rook as Co-Lead beginning next month.
We continue to be blessed by the commitment, teamwork and flexibility of our volunteers to this outreach ministry.