Households served via Drive-Thru
- Tuesday, February 9 closed due to weather
- 12 on Wednesday, February 10
- 31 on Thursday, February 11
Households served via Pop-Up Pantry
- Wednesday, February 10 canceled due to weather
We hold Jane Ledman close to our hearts this week, offering our deepest condolences on the loss of her husband, Jim. The Ledmans have been long-time volunteers and supporters of Heart to Heart. Please keep Jane in your prayers this week.
- Due to anticipated weather, and in observance of President’s Day, we will be closed this coming Monday, February 15.
- Rev. Kate will no longer be out for two weeks, as previously planned. Thank you to all the volunteers that were willing to help out in her absence. It is so wonderful to know we can count on you!
Please join us in wishing our founder a happy birthday. Jill Thomas turns 80 on Valentine’s Day. She is a wonderful woman who continues to support Heart to Heart, along with her husband, Duke. We are grateful for her continued love and guidance.
Please join us in welcoming Yohan Kim to the Heart to Heart team. Yohan will join us part-time as a Volunteer Coordinator beginning March 1. We are grateful to have him and hope everyone gets a chance to meet him soon!
We are asking all volunteers to review our COVID-19 Policy. Please do not come in if you are experiencing any symptoms of illness, and please give us as much notice as possible.
You can delete your name from SignUp Genius or email hearttoheart@FCchurch.com to let us know.
New PPE for Volunteers
We have been provided new PPE by Franklin County Emergency Management and Homeland Security. Volunteers will have access to these materials when working at Heart to Heart.
We are asking all volunteers to double mask as they are able. If you come to volunteer with a cloth face mask, we will provide a disposable mask to wear underneath it while you are here.
Alternatively, volunteers will have access to plastic face shields. These were received unassembled through the FCEMHS program. Directions for assembly and sterilization are available at volunteer check-in, and online here.
Don't Go Viral!
Volunteer Training Opportunities
Mid-Ohio Foodbank hosts free, online training sessions for volunteers through Agency 360. In February, they will host two PantryTrak training sessions and one Food Safety class. For more information about these opportunities and to sign up, please visit their website at midohiofoodbank.org/agency-360
PantryTrak is the online software used to log client visits and track our service statistics. Those who volunteer during client service hours may find these sessions useful.
Food Safety 101 is a certification required for all Heart to Heart employees and any volunteer that will be leading a stocking or shopping shift without an employee present.
You are eligible to enter the raffle if you have volunteered at Heart to Heart anytime in 2020 or 2021. For more information and a link to enter the raffle, click the button below.
Mark your calendars for Tuesday, February 16 at 7 pm to join us live online. Click the link below to join the meeting next Tuesday.
- All volunteers should report to the Crane Welcome Center in the main church building upon arriving.
- While there, you will sign in, take your temperature, get your PPE and read any notes for the day.
- Remember to dress appropriately for outdoor work (you will NEED a coat, hat, and gloves).
- Please sign up online. If you are unable to attend your assigned shift, let us know as soon as possible so we can fill the spot with another volunteer. You can email firstname.lastname@example.org, reply to your sign up genius reminder, or leave a message at 614-488-0681 x102.
- Prior to your arrival, review the requirements/description of your volunteer activity online at h2h.fcchurch.com/volunteer-opportunities
And what does the Lord
require of you
But to do justice,
To love mercy,
And to walk humbly
with your God?
Micah 6:8 NKJ
Our mission at Heart to Heart is to respond to God’s commandment to love one another.
Our vision of Heart to Heart is to model God’s love by:
Cultivating a loving community
Honoring individual gifts
Feeding bodies and souls
…and seeing everyone as a child of God
In accordance with Federal law and U.S.D.A. policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, or disability.